• Serving the Norfolk,
Virginia Metro Area
• We Are Accepting New
• Most Insurances Accepted
• Hours by Appointment
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Images provided by SuperMedia are for personal, non-commercial use. Republication, retransmission or reproduction of images provided by SuperMedia is strictly prohibited.
Our Team of Board Certified OB/GYN Physicians and Certified Nurse Midwives provide outstanding individualized patient care for every stage of life.
100 Kingsley Ln Ste 200 Norfolk, VA 23505
Phone: (757) 451-0929
Blair Conger, CNM, Hugh Dixon Wolcott, MD, Jennifer Cheney, CNM, Karen Carroll, CNM, Ana Basso, MD,
G Theodore Hughes, MD, Marybeth Dixon, MD,
Neldara Dowell, CNM, Elizabeth Golpira, MD
Specializing in Midwifery
Specializing in Centering Pregnancy
At Womancare Centers, PLC we are please to offer you a wide range of comprehensive gynecological services from adolescence to menopausal. Below is a list of common issues and problems we address. If you need gynecological care or experiencing any problems, please contact our office and we would gladly arrange an appointment for you to meet one of our providers.
Services we offer:
• Routine well-woman annual examinations including pap tests
• Complete management of abnormal pap test including viral screening, Colposcopy, and surgical therapies for cervical dysplasia
• Preconception counseling and testing
• Contraception counseling, initiation and continuation
• Female sterilization
• Screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
• Menopause management including counseling, initiation and continuation of hormone therapy
• Breast cancer screening and management of breast abnormalities
• Osteoporosis prevention, screening and treatment
• Initial infertility evaluation and treatment
• Complete evaluation and management of number of gynecologic symptoms including:
• Abnormal vaginal bleeding
• Uterine fibroids
• Uterine/Endometrial and Cervical Polyps
• Painful menstrual periods
• Pain with intercourse
• Pelvic Pain
• Ovarian Cysts
• Vaginal discharge/irritation
• Vulvar irritation
• Menopausal symptoms including hot flashes, mood disturbance and vaginal changes
• Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
• Irregular menstrual cycles
• Infrequent Menstrual Cycles
• Excessive hair growth
• Urinary incontinence
• Urinary urgency, frequency
• Bladder Pain
• Recurrent urinary tract infections
• Vaginal Prolapse
• Uterine Prolapse
• Bladder Prolapse
• Rectal Prolapse
• Sexual dysfunction, including decreased sex drive and inability to orgasm
Additionally we offer in office ultrasound procedures to assist with diagnosis and management of numerous gynecologic problems.
Birth Control (links below):
NUVARING is a monthly contraceptive when used as directed, is as effective as the pill and convenient because you do not have to take everyday. In a given one month period, Nuvaring must be inserted vaginally, removed after 3 weeks, and a new one must be inserted no more than 7 days later.
Nexplanon is a small, thin, implantable hormonal contraceptive that is effective for up to three years.
MIRENA is an estrogen-free intrauterine contraceptive (IUC) for women who are looking for a contraceptive option to help simplify their lives.
PARAGARD is an intrauterine contraceptive (IUC) that is hormone free. Its great for women who prefer not to use hormones or can’t for health reasons. Nuvaring is a flexible ring about 2 inches in diameter that you insert vaginally once a month.
DEPO-PROVERA is a contraceptive injection suited for women who want to postpone pregnancy for more than one year.
Office Endometrial Ablation Procedure: